Assistant Professor (Department of Forest and Environmental Engineering and Management. UPM).
Environmentalist and forest engineer with extensive experience in Environmental Impact Assessment consultancy and teaching. PhD at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM, 2014). MSc in Environmental Sciences (UAM, 2008) and MSc in Forest Engineering (UPM, 1999). His teaching and research activities are in the areas of natural resources management and project engineering.
19+ years of professional experience as consultant in environmental assessment and mitigation projects, landscape restoration, impact assessment reports, monitoring and follow up programs, and specific reports (environmental noise, wildlife, flora, landscape, wildfire risk, thematic cartography…) in sectors such as: roads, railways, land planning, landscape restoration, hidrology, damms, pipelines, etc.
12+ years of university teaching experience as assistant professor (since 2019) and adjunct professor (2009-2019) at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (2009-2019) and Universidad Europea de Madrid (2007-2009). President of the Technical Association for Landscape Ecology and Environmental Monitoring since 2008 (ECOPAS, Spain). Research interest in environmental assessment, health impact assessment, noise pollution, soundscapes, landscape ecology, habitat fragmentation and natural protected areas management. Contact me via LinkedIn, ResearchGate or UPM
• 2012-2019, Project Manager (ESC-Environmental Studies Consultants)
• 2010-2012, Senior Environmental Consultant (ACCIONA Engineering)
• 2001-2010, Junior Environmental Consultant (AEPO Engineering)
• 2001-2001, Junior Environmental Consultant (REBOFOSA)
• 2000-2001, Junior Environmental Consultant (GEDESMA)
• 2000-2000, Junior Environmental Consultant (ENTORNO)
• 2019-present, Assistant Professor (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
• 2009-2019, Adjunct Professor (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
• 2007-2009, Adjunct Professor (Universidad Europea de Madrid)
• 2014, PhD in Advanced Forest Research (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
• 2008, MSc in Environmental Sciences (UAM, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
• 1999, MSc in Forest Engineering (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)